Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g new delhi - sevis hit to clear

Hello all,
    I attended my interview on 11th April at new Delhi . The VO asked for base salary and company and was fine with it. She mentioned that she is unable to find my sevis record and would be emailing her department to get information. Since sevis is maintained by college I reached out to them, they mentioned that my sevis record is still active. There is obviously no way t reach out to consulate, to get an idea of the have this resolved. And my status still shows administrative processing. I have my return ticket for 20th given my wife is working in USA and is a terminal illness patient .
    I haven't been asked for any documents (my lawyer told its a problem on their system).

Can anyone please help me here in understanding if something similar has happened with anyone and how much time (in average is the waiting period.)

Any help is highly appreciated.

I submitted my documents at drop off location for h1b renewal 3rd april and still waiting - admin processing :-(

Cancelled my return ticket

Comment

221g new delhi - Sevis issue

I have a similar issue at the Delhi consulate. VO said there's an issue with my SEVIS records and that had to be fixed before I can get my h1 stamped. I called up SEVIS and apparently f1 to h1 transition was approved in 2014 and then denied in 2015, which makes no sense as I had my H1 approval notice and also got my visa stamped in 2016. My assumption is that I had changed employers in 2015 and when my previous employer withdrew the H1 it led to the denied status in SEVIS. But I had the approval notice from my new employer so there should not have been any Denied status.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? @anandshrut any update on your case? I'm stuck here in Delhi and have no idea how much time this would take.Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by yadumath View Post
        I have a similar issue at the Delhi consulate. VO said there's an issue with my SEVIS records and that had to be fixed before I can get my h1 stamped. I called up SEVIS and apparently f1 to h1 transition was approved in 2014 and then denied in 2015, which makes no sense as I had my H1 approval notice and also got my visa stamped in 2016. My assumption is that I had changed employers in 2015 and when my previous employer withdrew the H1 it led to the denied status in SEVIS. But I had the approval notice from my new employer so there should not have been any Denied status.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? @anandshrut any update on your case? I'm stuck here in Delhi and have no idea how much time this would take.Thanks.
        221g due to SEVIS issues are common. Should not take more than a week to 10 days to get stamping issued.

Comment

Originally posted by uhgar View Post
          221g due to SEVIS issues are common. Should not take more than a week to 10 days to get stamping issued.
          Thanks, hopefully it happens in a week.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X