Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer related question

Hi Friend ,

I am currently working in A company and have job offers from two different companies B and C. My H1b petition for company is already approved couple of days back and I am scheduled to start there in three weeks from now. My H1B petition for company C is expected to be filed in a weeks time ( Before I start working in company B) and it will be filed based as an extension of the I 797 of company A. With this said, I have couple of questions:

1. Is this something happens commonly , if not , does anyone see any issues with this technically?
    2. I am finally going to join company C but will start at B for now. Will there be any problem in H1B petition approval for company C, as it was filed on the basis of company A and by the time it reaches to decision state I will no longer be there in company A and will be working for B instead?
    3. I am not planning to travel outside of the US until the petition with C is approved , just so my I 94 doesn't get changed.

Any help on this is really appreciated. Thank you.

Originally posted by h1bquestion.2016 View Post
    Hi Friend ,

I am currently working in A company and have job offers from two different companies B and C. My H1b petition for company is already approved couple of days back and I am scheduled to start there in three weeks from now. My H1B petition for company C is expected to be filed in a weeks time ( Before I start working in company B) and it will be filed based as an extension of the I 797 of company A. With this said, I have couple of questions:

1. Is this something happens commonly , if not , does anyone see any issues with this technically?
    2. I am finally going to join company C but will start at B for now. Will there be any problem in H1B petition approval for company C, as it was filed on the basis of company A and by the time it reaches to decision state I will no longer be there in company A and will be working for B instead?
    3. I am not planning to travel outside of the US until the petition with C is approved , just so my I 94 doesn't get changed.

Any help on this is really appreciated. Thank you.
    1. Yes it does happen.
    2. Generally you will have an RFE asking to prove your valid status, you need to submit B's approved I797 copy and their pay stubs to prove you are maintaining valid status.
    3. No issues, but you may have to wait for 3-6 months to get C's petition approved.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Yes it does happen.
      2. Generally you will have an RFE asking to prove your valid status, you need to submit B's approved I797 copy and their pay stubs to prove you are maintaining valid status.
      3. No issues, but you may have to wait for 3-6 months to get C's petition approved.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you Raghvi for your reply!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X