Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studies on H4 Visa

Hi,

My Wife is here in US with me on H4. She is a commerce graduate and is interested in studying here, so that she can take up a Job. My question is whether she can pursue any Studies / Courses here while on H4 ? If not, then how is it possible... I mean does she have to change her Visa status form H4 to Student Visa ? If yes, then how long is this procedure?

Thanks,

Awaiting a Reply.

Person on H4 can study in a university or college. However H4 cannot to get any financial assistance like research assistance. To get financial aid, F visa is needed.

Comment

Thanks. Does my wife has to qualify for any course to study in University /College... like any Entrance Exam or so ?
      I have another question related to this. Can an H4 Visa holder work from Home ? If yes, what are the legalities that are involved in doing so...like SSN? ITIN? EIN? are required ??

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Comment

H4 cannot work. Not for pay, not without pay and not even voluntary in most cases.

As regards to admission criteria, depending on course a person selects, s/he has meet those prerequisites to get admission.

Comment

Thanks.
          When should I apply for their ITIN Numbers.

During the year 2005, I was on bench and did not have any income. So, now I have a question whether did I have to file Tax returns for 2005?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X