• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa revoked, still in u.s., urgent help

Hi All,

I am on H4 dependent visa.
    Got arrested for a suspicion of 245 PC.
    On preliminary hearing, court gave me a letter stating "no charges filed presently but could be in future". Which i believe means a reject letter.
    Just after that, I got an Email from US consulate, that my visa is revoked and the revocation will be effective once i leave from US. (I m presently in USA)
    Intend of the revocation is not mentioned.

1. DO I NEED TO LEAVE USA IMMEDIATELY?
    2. How LONG can i stay in USA OFFICIALLY before visa renewed?
    3. Do i need to go to my HOME COUNTRY (where the visa was issued) to reapply for new visa?
    4. My H4 visa expires in Sept 2017.
    5. What exactly would an immigration attorney do for me? (Do they send some kind of documents to court etc?)
    6. What documents i need to get from court for a new visa application?

Please guide me.

Thank you.

You can stay for the duration of your status

You can apply for a new visa in any country that you are a resident of (after you depart the US, this is likely just your home country of citizenship)

You should obtain a Record of Arrests and Convictions (aka RAP sheet or fbi file) for your attorney, and certified court dispositions for each and every arrest for the consulate abroad

You only need an immigration attorney if your application for a new H-4 visa is denied. Get one who specializes in helping criminal aliens

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X