Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academic H1b transfer gap

Hello all,

I am currently a postdoc at university A and I found another job at university B. Employment at university B starts almost 8 weeks after my job at university A ends. Am I going to be out of status during this time? If so, have any suggestions to not get out of the status? Thanks

Originally posted by ibozsoy View Post
    Hello all,

I am currently a postdoc at university A and I found another job at university B. Employment at university B starts almost 8 weeks after my job at university A ends. Am I going to be out of status during this time? If so, have any suggestions to not get out of the status? Thanks
    Yes, you will be out of status. Either advance the job at B by 8 weeks, or stay out of US for that duration.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes, you will be out of status. Either advance the job at B by 8 weeks, or stay out of US for that duration.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for your prompt response. I forgot to mention that these jobs are cap-exempt since they are academic jobs. Is the situation going to be still the same? Also, I have accepted the offer made by university B and they will start the the visa process this week.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X