Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about filing for H1B (myself) and H4 (fiancé) together

Our story...

I'm currently living in the US & employed through my F-1 OPT. My H1-B visa petition has been accepted by USCIS. As per their website, the approval may take anywhere from 2-6 months (May-Oct end).

My fiancé & I are getting married towards the end of this November in India.

Hoping my H1-B visa petition gets approved...

1) Can I apply for my visa interview appointment (Delhi) based on a pending H-1B visa petition (accepted but not approved yet)?

2) Does my fiancé (then wife) need to separately apply for her H4 visa or can that be taken care under my H1-B visa request? If latter, do I need to file a single DS-160 for both?

3) What's the typical wait time to get an H1-B visa appointment at the Delhi consulate?

Thank you already!

Originally posted by abheyn View Post
    Our story...

I'm currently living in the US & employed through my F-1 OPT. My H1-B visa petition has been accepted by USCIS. As per their website, the approval may take anywhere from 2-6 months (May-Oct end).

My fiancé & I are getting married towards the end of this November in India.

Hoping my H1-B visa petition gets approved...

1) Can I apply for my visa interview appointment (Delhi) based on a pending H-1B visa petition (accepted but not approved yet)?

2) Does my fiancé (then wife) need to separately apply for her H4 visa or can that be taken care under my H1-B visa request? If latter, do I need to file a single DS-160 for both?

3) What's the typical wait time to get an H1-B visa appointment at the Delhi consulate?

Thank you already!
    You would not set up an interview before the H1B petition is approved.
    Only a spouse can apply for an H4 visa, so this would be applied for after marriage.
    Not sure about the time to get an H1B visa appointment as this changes often.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X