Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B/H-4 Visa Stamping with ISLAMIC DIVORCE

Hello Friends,

I have questions regarding the Islamic divorce in India. I am working on H1b visa since last 12 years. I got married in India as per Islamic tradition 4 years before. My wife got H4 visa. She lived with me in USA around 10 months and go back to India and never come again. Because of some personal issue, I gave divorce as per Islamic rules and regulation in front of Kazi and our society people last year in India. I got government recognize Kazi/ Imam divorce certificate with witness signature and did notarize it.
    I am planning to go India for remarriage next months and need to go for H1b/H4 visa stamping at Mumbai Consulate.

1. Is it USCIS accept divorce per Islamic tradition for immigration purpose (i.e. Kazi/ Imam divorce certificate)?
    2. As we always follow Islamic tradition, Will Kazi divorce certificate is fine for H1b/H4 visa stamping as proof of divorce?
    3. Is there any possibility to ask divorce related questions to me and my new wife during H1b/H4 stamping by visa office?

Thank you

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X