• Show
Clear All

• Immediate help required regarding US travel on H1B

Hi Team,

Can you pls help me regrading H1B :

My H1B Petition Approval Date : 04/Jan/2017
    My H1B Petition Expiry Date : 13/July/2017
    My H1B Visa Expiry Date : 13/July/2017

I am traveling first time(probably in first week of June 2017) in US on H1b visa. I have following queries -

1. How long before the H1B visa expiry date can we enter in the US for first time?

2.In the Port of Entry if they raise this question reg the Visa Expiry in ~1 month, what i need to answer?

3. How much time it takes for filing the Extension in Premium mode and normal mode? Does premium processing still available for extension?

Please help me on above queries.

Originally posted by arun.itengg View Post
    Hi Team,

Can you pls help me regrading H1B :

My H1B Petition Approval Date : 04/Jan/2017
    My H1B Petition Expiry Date : 13/July/2017
    My H1B Visa Expiry Date : 13/July/2017

I am traveling first time(probably in first week of June 2017) in US on H1b visa. I have following queries -

1. How long before the H1B visa expiry date can we enter in the US for first time?

2.In the Port of Entry if they raise this question reg the Visa Expiry in ~1 month, what i need to answer?

3. How much time it takes for filing the Extension in Premium mode and normal mode? Does premium processing still available for extension?

Please help me on above queries.
    1. You can show up at POE as long as have a valid visa in the passport, but to be on safe side a few weeks ahead is fine.
    2. Only you can answer that.I dont know the circumstances under which you had to undertake this travel.
    3. Premium has been suspended temporarily, unless you can demonstrate extraordinary circumstances (https://www.uscis.gov/us-visa-and-im...edite-criteria).

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X