Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to F2 COS effective date question?

Hi all,

I am F1-opt, recently got new employment and going to relocate. My spouse is H1. We decided to transfer her from H1 to F2.
    For my understanding, this kind of CoS need 1) F2's I20 and I already gave required docs to school for them to prepare it. 2) Fill I-539 and send to USCIS

Question is, when is the last day my spouse work in the company? I saw on I-539 part2-2a there is a effective date. Does that date means the last day = last day work in company? I heard from ppl saying after sending I539, the next day you can determine as the last day. And there is another saying when we get the receipt number, that day is the last day?

I just want to avoid any out of status issue. Can anyone who has this kind of experience that can share with me?

Thank you in advance!

Originally posted by trainpop View Post
    Hi all,

I am F1-opt, recently got new employment and going to relocate. My spouse is H1. We decided to transfer her from H1 to F2.
    For my understanding, this kind of CoS need 1) F2's I20 and I already gave required docs to school for them to prepare it. 2) Fill I-539 and send to USCIS

Question is, when is the last day my spouse work in the company? I saw on I-539 part2-2a there is a effective date. Does that date means the last day = last day work in company? I heard from ppl saying after sending I539, the next day you can determine as the last day. And there is another saying when we get the receipt number, that day is the last day?

I just want to avoid any out of status issue. Can anyone who has this kind of experience that can share with me?

Thank you in advance!
    You can either put a specific date in the I539, and stop working from that date, or take the receipt date of COS and stop working from that date. Ideal would be to plan ahead and put a date in the I539.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X