Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa through Sponsoring consultant or Reputed IT company ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa through Sponsoring consultant or Reputed IT company ?

Hello,

I have an approved H1B petition from 2017 quota, yet to go for stamping. This petition was through a sponsoring consultant.

Currently I am working in a reputed software services company in India which has offices in USA. My current company also filed a H1B petition in 2018 quota and it was picked in lottery.

Now I have two choices, to go via sponsoring consultant or go via my current employer. As my current employer in India is a large and reputed IT company, I assume that rejection chances will be less and whole process will be hassle free. Also job while in USA will be assured. I know some of my friends in USA on H1B are getting work only for 3 to 4 months in a year.

My questions:

1. With the given context and my friends experiences I am preferring to go via my current employer, is this right decision ? please give your recommendation.
    2. If I go ahead and complete stamping with my 2017 petition can I go to USA and start working with my current employer with out visa transfer ? how long this process might take ?
    3. In case I complete stamping for 2017 petition, will there be any issue if I go for stamping of 2018 petition ? is it legal to have two stampings ?
    4. In case I go for stamping of 2018 petition (after approval) first instead of 2017 petition and face rejection, Can I go for stamping of 2017 petition with out hassle ?
    5. In case I face rejection during my 2017 petition stamping, can i go for 2018 petition with out hassle ?

Thanks & Regards
    Parvathi

Originally posted by parvathi1990 View Post
    Hello,

I have an approved H1B petition from 2017 quota, yet to go for stamping. This petition was through a sponsoring consultant.

Currently I am working in a reputed software services company in India which has offices in USA. My current company also filed a H1B petition in 2018 quota and it was picked in lottery.

Now I have two choices, to go via sponsoring consultant or go via my current employer. As my current employer in India is a large and reputed IT company, I assume that rejection chances will be less and whole process will be hassle free. Also job while in USA will be assured. I know some of my friends in USA on H1B are getting work only for 3 to 4 months in a year.

My questions:

1. With the given context and my friends experiences I am preferring to go via my current employer, is this right decision ? please give your recommendation.
    2. If I go ahead and complete stamping with my 2017 petition can I go to USA and start working with my current employer with out visa transfer ? how long this process might take ?
    3. In case I complete stamping for 2017 petition, will there be any issue if I go for stamping of 2018 petition ? is it legal to have two stampings ?
    4. In case I go for stamping of 2018 petition (after approval) first instead of 2017 petition and face rejection, Can I go for stamping of 2017 petition with out hassle ?
    5. In case I face rejection during my 2017 petition stamping, can i go for 2018 petition with out hassle ?

Thanks & Regards
    Parvathi
    If you do not intend to go and work for the consultant, why even try go for stamping with their petition? Just go for the stamping with current employer's petition and paperwork. Yes you will have to wait till July and if visa approved the earliest you can travel is September end.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X