Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa extension denied

Hello

I have some questions. I am on 8th year h1b visa. well I have been getting extension is US. But unfortunatelly DHS has denied my extension this yare. I think the approval has been sent to the consulate in my Home country. I think the reason is that they said was due to a criminal backgroun. I have a DWI from 2000. They never made any big deals about in the past when I got my extensions approved. IS a DWI and in Texas considered to be cimt or crime of violence. This has never been an issue to me in the past. They always extended my stay. my lawyer thinks this might be a mistake.

He thinks we should file for an appeal, but if the appeal processing is going on, I would become illegal hence icant work and I am afraid I may get the ban. If its only a DWI, can that cause problems form as far as obtaining a visa from a consulate abroad. Will i have trouble coming back in. I have not had any probmes in the past. I am wondering if there is new laws. As of right now we have illegals here for the past 17 days. Since April 1 was the day that my H1b approval was issued. But the extension was denied. USCIs never sent a letter explaingin what criminal back ground I have that makes me inadmissible.

Is there a way to contact USCIS and find out exactlly what the problem is. IF I retain your services, do you think, you can get that infromation from them.

Anyways, my company has filed my GC and my labor was approved early this year via PERM. The old labor is still pending in backlog from 2001. EB3. My I140 is pending and i was going to do aos here in uS. but now it seems they DHS is asking me to leave the country and get the visa stamp there, I am afreaid due to security check and all the time they are going to take, I may not get the visa stamp in my passport. So my question is. Can my company continue the green card processing while in my home county, in case I dotn get the visa stamp. Another words. Once My 485 is apprved i can come back on my green card. Hopefully this new immigration bill coming, they will increase the visa numbers so I am thinking maybe a year I may be elgible to apply for 485. but since the application is files with the understanding that I will do AOS here, how am I suppose to get GC while I in my contry. Do I have to change the line of course. What if my I140 get approved withing a couple of months. Can I say that I want to do consular processing for 485 in my country.

Anyways, just wondering what are my options so that at least worst come to worst, I save the green card process that I have spent so much time on. I am saygin this is because there is a chance that my h1b stamp will be denied back home and i will be stuck. i do not want jepordize my GC application. Emplyer will be ok with that too, since they have already paid the fees and all.

soi knowing what you know. A DWI form texas. no jail time, maximum jail time for first time offender at that time was 6 months. I got 0. 100 hours of community servcie 1 1/2 years of probation. Do you think I should fight it here in US. what are my chances of wiing this. or should I just leave and try it form Pakitstan and let the appeal process to continue as well.

]Thansk!

syed

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X