Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa sowing"Application Received" after 4 weeks - at Hyderabad dropbox

Hi,

I am Krishna, I have valid H1-B visa till sept 2017. But I got approved petition till 2019. I have come to Hyd on medical emergency and then went for dropbox and submitted all docs on May 4th 2017 for stamping with the approved new petition along with my spouse and two kids passports as well. Thought we may receive in 5 days. But it's been around 4 weeks (may 26th 2017) and still I see the status as "Application Received". Passport tracker showing as there is no status available for the passport number submitted". Called multiple times to Visa customer care and they said that it is not 221 g or 214b and when consular wants to retain the passports for more than 5 days then they have to select this as reason and these both sections are not separate and it is only one option combinely they have. Below is the email I received for my query to visa consulate.

I sent an email to visa hyd office and got reply that "
    Case Reason: Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B
    Public Response: Dear Mr.

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.
    We understand that you have a query regarding the status of applicants' visa application.
    In response to your question, a case with case number "Case-2017xxxxxx?€? was responded that, "We would like to inform you that your case continues to undergo processing. This processing is mandatory and cannot be expedited. While we understand your concern and probable frustration, we cannot speed things up. All nonimmigrant visa applications have to go through processing before visa issuance. Please wait for the processing to be completed.
    We are well aware how frustrating these delays can be for applicants and do our best to perform the work as quickly as possible".
    We hope this information is helpful to you.

I would like to know how many days it will take to complete the process maximum and how can we approach to know what process is going on. Even thinking that they forgot to change the status or they completely forgot to verify my case. so many things are going on in brain. Please help.

Thanks,
    Krishna

H1B visa sowing"Application Received" after 4 weeks

Hello Krishna,

My wife is in the same situation. It has been almost 3 weeks, she submitted her H1-B renewal docs via dropbox in Delhi, and still the status is 'Application Received'. What was the timeline for your approval? We contacted ustraveldocs and they just give a general message so we are not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Akshay

Comment

I submitted documents on Feb 9th and it was received by Chennai consulate on 12th. Till today status is application received. Helpdesk is useless and there is no information other than the one in online tracking portal. Not sure what to do. How long it took for you guys to get the passport back?

Comment

I submitted documents on 12th and status till date is application received. How long it took for you guys t get the passport back?

Comment

L1B renewal Dropbox at Chennai

I submitted my L1b renewal documents on feb 12th in Chennai . Ceac shows Application Received since then.

Call center rep reads out what is in the website. I have sent an email to support India ustraveldocs

Hoping to get an update soon as I have a travel planned out.

Comment

Originally posted by mm_klm View Post
            I submitted documents on 12th and status till date is application received. How long it took for you guys t get the passport back?
            I hope you get yours approved soon.
            I had submitted my L1b renewal documents on feb 12th at Chennai Vfs center. Ceac shows ?Application Received? since then.
            Fingers crossed..

Comment

I hope your visa was approved and you received your passport. How long did it take for your case? I dropped of my document on March 5 and till date, there is no update except "Application Received" (and "there is no status avaialable for passport number submitted" for passport). Its really frustrating as I have my flight back to US tomorrow which I am sure need to be cancelled.

Comment

Application Received for over one week

@akshay @krishna - how did you guys handle the situation? Did you get any response from the consulate and how long did they take to respond ?

Is there any proactive measure you recommend that I could take based on your experience?

Comment

krishna @akshay
                  Hey after how many days you received your status?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X