Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 COS -- SSN

Hello experts,

I have applied for COS from H4 to H1 and it was approved recently. To apply SSN, we need to submit I94. Will USCIS generate new I-94 for COS?
    If not, what documents we need to submit at SSN office to show that I am on valid H1 status.

Thanks,
    Rahul

Yes, every approval notice for Change of Status or Extension of Status carries with it a new paper I-94.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Yes, every approval notice for Change of Status or Extension of Status carries with it a new paper I-94.
      Thanks for your reply.
      My case was approved on 19th of May-2017. When I am trying to fetch the I94, it is still giving me the old one.
      How many days it will take USCIS to generate the new I-94?

Thanks,
      Rahul

Comment

Originally posted by rahul_34b View Post
        Thanks for your reply.
        My case was approved on 19th of May-2017. When I am trying to fetch the I94, it is still giving me the old one.
        How many days it will take USCIS to generate the new I-94?

Thanks,
        Rahul
        When you say "fetch", do you mean by going to the CBP's electronic I-94 site? It's never going to be there. COS/EOS is handled by USCIS (not CBP), which issues paper I-94s.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          When you say "fetch", do you mean by going to the CBP's electronic I-94 site? It's never going to be there. COS/EOS is handled by USCIS (not CBP), which issues paper I-94s.
          Check the I797. If COS was approved with new I-94 , the I797 will have I-94 at the bottom in a detachable stub.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X