Expired petition which has 2 years left on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired petition which has 2 years left on it

I was in US from 2007 to 2011 and came back to India in 2011. In 2011 I had H1B petition valid till 2013. So 2 years on it were not used.

Now this is 2017 that petition is expired. Is it possible for me to use those two years if I find an employer?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by neilstar; 06-02-2017, 05:23 PM.

Originally posted by neilstar View Post
    I was in US from 2007 to 2011 and came back to India in 2011. In 2011 I had H1B petition valid till 2013. So 2 years on it were not used.

Now this is 2017 that petition is expired. Is it possible for me to use those two years if I find an employer?

Thanks in advance.
    Possibly. When in 2011 did you leave US?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Possibly. When in 2011 did you leave US?

Thanks for the reply. I left US in June 2011. Does timeline matter in such cases (of trying to use old remainder of H1b)?
      Last edited by neilstar; 06-04-2017, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neilstar View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I left US in June 2011. Does timeline matter in such cases (of trying to use old remainder of H1b)?
        Generally, one can revive the H1 within 6 Years of leaving the US, if time is remaining on the H1. Since you left in June 2011, you pretty much have time only till June 2017 to revive it.

There have been some exceptions, but no clear guidelines from USCIS. You will have to seek opinion of the employer and their attorney if they willing to file for you even after being away from US for more than 6 Years.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X