H4 extension approved but approval notice not received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension approved but approval notice not received

We had filed for my h1b extension and my family(wife and 5 year son) H4 extension last year -June 2016
    Our h1b and h4 extension was approved on 29 Jan 2017 and I received my H1b approval notice with new extended paper i94.
    I have been following up with USICS since then and after couple of followup on mid April 2017 we received an email from them that the approval notice was sent and they have not received it back.So if I need duplicate copy of the approval notice for my family I need to submit form I824 and also I guess the fees is somewhere 465$.

My question is the following-
    - is there anyway my family is considered illegal? On usics web searching with their receipt number shows that the application was approved and sent 29 Jan 2017

- in the event of their travel back to India will there be any issues at the US customs?
    - if they want to come back from India, can they take my approval notice -h1b and get their passport stamped for extension?
    - what are other problems foreseen if any.
    - Iam relocating in US for a different client through my company and we are in process of filing my H1b amendment. Should I wait till I receive my ammendment before filing form I824 for duplicate approval notice?

Kindly help me on this situation

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X