Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer to Emp B and want to work with Emp A

Hi Team,

I have a valid H1B with Emp A and now I got offer from Emp B and started H1B transfer process.
    Here are my questions
    1. I haven’t receive any paycheck from emp B till now and I want to work back with Emp A is it possible ?
    2. If both Emp A and Emp B runs paycheck at the same time will affect my GC process ?
    3. Emp A started GC process and if emp B runs paycheck and if I receive amount to my account any problem ?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks

2) How can both run pay checks at the same time? At any point of time, you are supposed to be legally working for only one employer.
    3) GC is for future employment. So it does not matter with whom you are working/drawing pay check from, as far as filing is concerned.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      2) How can both run pay checks at the same time? At any point of time, you are supposed to be legally working for only one employer.
      3) GC is for future employment. So it does not matter with whom you are working/drawing pay check from, as far as filing is concerned.
      Running of two payrolls at same time will potentially impact the GC, as it will show up on your W2s and IRS would know that you received two pay checks from different employers, which is illegal while on h1, unless the H1 was approved as concurrent.

If you do not get run pay check run by B you will be considered out of status (as one needs to be paid while on H1).

Also, why would A pay you for the period when you were not working for them?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X