*** H1B VISA Stamping Query - Urgent *** Please Help ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** H1B VISA Stamping Query - Urgent *** Please Help ***

As of today, i.e. 8-June-2017. I'm working for a Leading Indian IT Company "X" on H1-B Visa at Denver, CO.

I have an Offer from on of BIG 4 consulting firms "Y" and Date of Joining is given as 31-July-2017, and I'm sending my documents for VISA Transfer and it might take another 4 weeks to receive the Receipt number from USCIS. I told company "Y" that I would join with Receipt number as Premium processing is on hold.

I need to go to India for my Marriage before joining company "Y".

If I go to India, I need to appear for Stamping on behalf of Company "X", I have all the required documents of company "X".

My intention is go to India on Company "X", Get Stamping on Company "X", Get Married, Come back to US on Company "X", once I land in US, I will resign Company "X" and join Company "Y"

Question: By the time I appear for Stamping in Hyderabad, India, I will have received VISA Transfer receipt number from USCIS for Company "Y", Will this create any problem when I go for Stamping?

Please share your experiences and thoughts, this really helps me. Thank you!

-Naresh

Originally posted by ndahagam View Post
    As of today, i.e. 8-June-2017. I'm working for a Leading Indian IT Company "X" on H1-B Visa at Denver, CO.

I have an Offer from on of BIG 4 consulting firms "Y" and Date of Joining is given as 31-July-2017, and I'm sending my documents for VISA Transfer and it might take another 4 weeks to receive the Receipt number from USCIS. I told company "Y" that I would join with Receipt number as Premium processing is on hold.

I need to go to India for my Marriage before joining company "Y".

If I go to India, I need to appear for Stamping on behalf of Company "X", I have all the required documents of company "X".

My intention is go to India on Company "X", Get Stamping on Company "X", Get Married, Come back to US on Company "X", once I land in US, I will resign Company "X" and join Company "Y"

Question: By the time I appear for Stamping in Hyderabad, India, I will have received VISA Transfer receipt number from USCIS for Company "Y", Will this create any problem when I go for Stamping?

Please share your experiences and thoughts, this really helps me. Thank you!

-Naresh
    So basically you will not be telling the truth to the Port of Entry officer in your intent to work for X. I dont think that is the right thing to do.

Further, down the line, Y's petition may not get approved with a new I-94 as you left US while their petition was pending.

I would suggest Y apply for their petition only after you return back to US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X