Employer revoked H-1B by mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer revoked H-1B by mistake

My employer revoked my H-1b by mistake. Someone else left the firm with the same first and last name. They found out when USCIS raised an RFE on my H-1B extension petition filed by my employer. They are planning to file a Nunc Pro Tunc petition now with USCIS.

Has anybody else faced this kind of situation? What is the success rate of this kind of petition?

Raghvi? Shervin? Anybody? Appreciate your support.

Comment

Originally posted by mohit7269 View Post
      My employer revoked my H-1b by mistake. Someone else left the firm with the same first and last name. They found out when USCIS raised an RFE on my H-1B extension petition filed by my employer. They are planning to file a Nunc Pro Tunc petition now with USCIS.

Has anybody else faced this kind of situation? What is the success rate of this kind of petition?
      If it was a genuine mistake USCIS may approve it, if not nunc pro tunc but as consular process.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        If it was a genuine mistake USCIS may approve it, if not nunc pro tunc but as consular process.

What is Consular process?

Comment

Originally posted by mohit7269 View Post
          What is Consular process?
          Its when USCIS approves the H1 petition but does not grant a new I-94, thereby needing you to go out of US and re enter on a valid H1, if your H1 visa in passport has expired, you would need to get a new visa at a US consulate outside US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X