H1B porting to new employer after being laid off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B porting to new employer after being laid off

I was laid off exactly 30 days ago so have 30 days left of my grace period. Things are progressing with a certain company so have a few questions. I assume if i get the job within the next couple weeks, I will be fine as the new employer can submit a petition for me and I can start working as soon as that happens.

My question is more regarding what happens if I don't get the job till say day 53 of my grace period and the employer doesn't have enough time to get the LCA issued to submit my petition by day 60? What's my best move then? Any help is much appreciated

Best of luck!

Comment

any answer to my question?

Comment

As far as I know, if you can't get a H petition filed in 60 days, you have to go through consular processing

Comment

thanks, so what exactly does that entail? also, in people's experience how long does, job offer -> H1B petition take including LCA processing etc.?

again all help is appreciated
          Last edited by upal91; 07-07-2017, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by upal91 View Post
            thanks, so what exactly does that entail? also, in people's experience how long does, job offer -> H1B petition take including LCA processing etc.?

again all help is appreciated
            keep 2 weeks buffer for processing and try to close on an offer ASAP

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X