Complicated case of H1b visa stamping, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complicated case of H1b visa stamping, please help

Hi, I have H1 visa stamped till Sep 8. I need to go for marriage in November. At present, the current approved H1 petition is only till December , so they will probably give my stamping till December only.

1. So will it be safe to travel in November, knowing my petition is expiring in December?

2. Also, I have submitted my h1 renewal, but with no premium now, it may take more time than November. So when I go for visa stamping in November, can I just show petition till December and the new receipt notice (without the approval)? How safe it will be to get visa approved? Also any problems at POE?

3. Any impact on I94?

All due respect , but it's not complicated brother

But , i understand the concern. Here is what i know :

Your Visa is what expires, your petition doesn't. It's either accepted or denied.

It's not safe to travel outside the country without an approval notice of the petition. It's not impossible to come back, but hard.

The easiest solution i can think of is, you can push it in premium and once that facility is resumed in August.

If your employer(assuming you are consulting) doesn't want to, tell him you'd pay for the premium charges , but try to push him to do that.

otherwise, go back to india, get married, have some fun, wait until you get the approval notice, come back and find a job or find a job and then come back.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply. Do you know whether it's a certainty that premium will reopen in August? Or is there any timeline which USCIS has announced?

Originally posted by fishintheocean View Post
      All due respect , but it's not complicated brother

But , i understand the concern. Here is what i know :

Your Visa is what expires, your petition doesn't. It's either accepted or denied.

It's not safe to travel outside the country without an approval notice of the petition. It's not impossible to come back, but hard.

The easiest solution i can think of is, you can push it in premium and once that facility is resumed in August.

If your employer(assuming you are consulting) doesn't want to, tell him you'd pay for the premium charges , but try to push him to do that.

otherwise, go back to india, get married, have some fun, wait until you get the approval notice, come back and find a job or find a job and then come back.

Hope it helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X