Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ways to travel to India when H1B visa is still in process.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to travel to India when H1B visa is still in process.

Hello,

My H1B application was submitted by my employer this year and it got picked in the lottery in April 2017. Few weeks back in August 2017 I received an RFE asking for legal justification in regards to LCA. After having a word with my company's Immigration Department I was notified that no additional documents are required from my side and the Attorneys at the firm will take care of it by drafting a legal response and respond back to the RFE. They will be sending the response by end of August 2017.

My concern is that I have to travel to India in the first week of December 2017. My travel plans are not changeable. At this point, I am not sure if my application will get processed in time due to the unpredictable timelines at USCIS. In the worst case scenario, even after submitting all the necessary documents and response to the RFE in time, if the USCIS takes its time and does not process my application with a decision before December 2017, what are some of the ways/options I have in hand in order to complete my travel? What can be the repercussions and how can I cope with it?

I know traveling internationally when your visa is in process is not advisable but in this case I do not have an choice and wanted to know my options in hand and ways to tackle this situation.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Originally posted by ameytore View Post
    I know traveling internationally when your visa is in process is not advisable but in this case I do not have an choice and wanted to know my options in hand and ways to tackle this situation.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    1. Traveling does seem to be not advisable, especially now - http://internationaloffice.berkeley....ing/f-1/travel
    2. You don't have any control over being able to move things faster at the USCIS
    3. Call your prospective employers attorneys in case they advise you to travel with the OTP

Comment

Originally posted by do_good_work View Post
      1. Traveling does seem to be not advisable, especially now - http://internationaloffice.berkeley....ing/f-1/travel
      2. You don't have any control over being able to move things faster at the USCIS
      3. Call your prospective employers attorneys in case they advise you to travel with the OTP
      Hi do_good_work,

Thanks for the reply.

In point 3, you mentioned travel with the OTP, what exactly is it?

Also, can you suggest some of the options I have to make this travel because my travel is unchangeable? What will the repercussions and how can I cope with it?

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X