Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Petition copy and other documents

HI ,

I am on L1B now on Company A, My H1B approved with Company B. My Current company A asking me to go back to India, I have some plans to go back to India and come back on H1B.

Now Company B is not giving me H1B documents. I have only EAC receipt number. How Can I get I797, other documents from USCIS?
    I read from forums that I can get these documents using FOIA.

Can some please help with clear process to get I797, I94, other documents from USCIS?

Originally posted by pamruthp View Post
    HI ,

I am on L1B now on Company A, My H1B approved with Company B. My Current company A asking me to go back to India, I have some plans to go back to India and come back on H1B.

Now Company B is not giving me H1B documents. I have only EAC receipt number. How Can I get I797, other documents from USCIS?
    I read from forums that I can get these documents using FOIA.

Can some please help with clear process to get I797, I94, other documents from USCIS?
    Its B's petition, so they have the full right to not give them to you. Are you needing it to go for stamping?

As for FOIA, its similar to RTI of India, https://www.foia.gov/how-to.html . I would advise seeking help of an attorney to file an FOIA request, and be prepared to wait for few months.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X