Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa stamped, change of employer

Hi All,

I am in my final 3 years of H1b (2016 - 2019). I used to work as a full time for company 'PQR' and got my h1b visa stamped last October till Sep 2019(In India when i last traveled in October 2016). But in April 2017, i was laid off and found employment with a consulting firm.

My new consulting firm 'XYZ' has filed for a H1b Transfer with client 'A' on May 1st 2017 and is currently in pending as of Sep 11 2017. My current contract with client 'A' will end on Oct 20,2016. My consulting firm 'XYZ' has already found a new client 'B', will likely transition to client 'B' once my Client 'A' contract is done.

I have travel plans to India in mid November(Nov 16) and planning to return in December (Dec 10).

Idle case: If my H1b transfer gets approved and if i travel with my amendment in pending(assuming i move to client 'B'), can i return back to USA without going for stamping (as i have h1b stamping with 'PQR' till 2019). If not, if i am required to go to stamping (my amendment is progress) will they stop me.

Note: My end date with client 'A' is currently under discussion(they may extend till end of December 2017). If Client 'A' gets extended and H1b transfer is approved will i be required to go to stamping(consider i will not go to client 'B' as i still have a job with 'A').

Client A and Client B are not in the same MSA.

Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X