Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving from H1B to H4 - dropbox/interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from H1B to H4 - dropbox/interview?

Hello all -

I've worked on H1B for long and had multiple petitions as a result of it. Of late, wanting to take a break and due to health reasons, I opted out of employment and filed to move to H4 on account of my partner's H1B. Apparently, it's taking very long for USCIS to process the H4 petitions in the USA which may not be in time for my impending travel to India.

My question is - if I were to go to India and return with H4 stamped at the consulate, is it going to be a dropbox (because it's the same class H1B to H4: H-class) or because it's a different visa despite being the same class, is it going to have to be a consulate appointment?

Someone with experience and knowledge, be so kind to answer please.

Thanks in advance
    Sam

Originally posted by samptrt08 View Post
    Hello all -

I've worked on H1B for long and had multiple petitions as a result of it. Of late, wanting to take a break and due to health reasons, I opted out of employment and filed to move to H4 on account of my partner's H1B. Apparently, it's taking very long for USCIS to process the H4 petitions in the USA which may not be in time for my impending travel to India.

My question is - if I were to go to India and return with H4 stamped at the consulate, is it going to be a dropbox (because it's the same class H1B to H4: H-class) or because it's a different visa despite being the same class, is it going to have to be a consulate appointment?

Someone with experience and knowledge, be so kind to answer please.

Thanks in advance
    Sam
    H1 and H4 are different classes. You would need to attend the interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X