Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B lottery selected but employer not responding due to USCIS investigation

Hi

I am on Stem OPT (valid until Dec 2018)*and working for an employer A. Another employer B filed my H1B for 2017 with start date of October 1st. My H1B was selected in lottery and the current status is still showing as "Case Was Received". I recently came to know that this employer B who filed my H1B*is under currently under USCIS investigation (this occurred after H1B*application period started) and hence they are not supporting any of the new applications which are currently under process.*They are also not responding to any calls or emails (hr department or any other POC is not responding).

So, I have few concerns regarding this and wanted to check my options.*

1. What if my application gets approved and this employer is still not reachable? Is there a possibility to transfer my approved H1 to some other employer before I start emplyoment with this company? Is there a way to maintain my status?

2. What if I get an RFE and they never provide a response? Will my application be denied? If so can I still continue my OPT status?

3. Is there a possibility for the application to be withdrawn even though the employer is not reachable?

4. Can another employer start a transfer which my application is still under process?

Please provide some insights into my situation as I am so worried at present.**

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X