Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa Interview

Hello,

I will be traveling to India in October from USA and I have scheduled my visa interview too. My question is I was working with a consulting company last year and due to unforeseen situation lost the job and had to join a Desi Consulting company in December. As most of the you know that Desi Consultancy doesn't give you offer letter until you find a project. I was able to get the project in March 2017 and my offer letter shows March 2017 . However, I was able to find a full time in May and left the Desi Consultancy.

My questions is what kind of questions can I face during Visa Interview. How do I tackle questions related to Desi Consultancy? Please help. Thanks!

Originally posted by vivanvian123 View Post
    Hello,

I will be traveling to India in October from USA and I have scheduled my visa interview too. My question is I was working with a consulting company last year and due to unforeseen situation lost the job and had to join a Desi Consulting company in December. As most of the you know that Desi Consultancy doesn't give you offer letter until you find a project. I was able to get the project in March 2017 and my offer letter shows March 2017 . However, I was able to find a full time in May and left the Desi Consultancy.

My questions is what kind of questions can I face during Visa Interview. How do I tackle questions related to Desi Consultancy? Please help. Thanks!
    The interview would be related to the current employer and the petition associated with them. Rarely one is questioned about the past during H1 interview. Yes, if you have been out of status and unpaid while on H1, you may be asked questions during GC stage in the future.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      The interview would be related to the current employer and the petition associated with them. Rarely one is questioned about the past during H1 interview. Yes, if you have been out of status and unpaid while on H1, you may be asked questions during GC stage in the future.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thank you Raghvi. That's helpful

Comment

Hello,

So I guess my next question would be on LCA... While my actual designation is Manager of PS whereas the LCA was filed as Software Engineer. If asked in teh Visa stamping interview which one should I say the one in LCA or the actual. My paystub says the actual designation. Please suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by vivanvian123 View Post
          Hello,

So I guess my next question would be on LCA... While my actual designation is Manager of PS whereas the LCA was filed as Software Engineer. If asked in teh Visa stamping interview which one should I say the one in LCA or the actual. My paystub says the actual designation. Please suggest.
          Can someone please respond. Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X