X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa amendment and Stamping

Hi,

I have a following scenario.

I had been working in a multinational company 'A' for the last 6 years.
    Few months back my company 'A' has sold its business unit i was part with to a private equity firm.Now this 'Business Unit' is a standalone brand new company 'B' but the transition would comp

So in my case I have i-797 approved with the company 'A' but technically i am now employee of company 'B'.My salary slip also mentions company 'B' .

I also have I-140 approved with company 'A'.

From the job perspective nothing changed its the business as usual except I am now employee of the company 'B' .

I am planing to travel to India in Nov. this year and need to go for stamping.I spoke with my HR HR from the immigration team about the need of any amendment for my H1B/I-140 but she says not needed rather they would issue a consular and travel letter explaining the transition of our company B from the company A.

Do i I need to file an amendment or a consular and travel letter would work?

I am bit concerned about my stamping as the VO might think that i have i-797 from 'A' but working with 'B'.

Appreciate any advise on this.

Regards,
    H
    Last edited by jpm13; 09-26-2017, 03:22 PM. Reason: additional details

Originally posted by jpm13 View Post
    Hi,

I have a following scenario.

I had been working in a multinational company 'A' for the last 6 years.
    Few months back my company 'A' has sold its business unit i was part with to a private equity firm.Now this 'Business Unit' is a standalone brand new company 'B' but the transition would comp

So in my case I have i-797 approved with the company 'A' but technically i am now employee of company 'B'.My salary slip also mentions company 'B' .

I also have I-140 approved with company 'A'.

From the job perspective nothing changed its the business as usual except I am now employee of the company 'B' .

I am planing to travel to India in Nov. this year and need to go for stamping.I spoke with my HR HR from the immigration team about the need of any amendment for my H1B/I-140 but she says not needed rather they would issue a consular and travel letter explaining the transition of our company B from the company A.

Do i I need to file an amendment or a consular and travel letter would work?

I am bit concerned about my stamping as the VO might think that i have i-797 from 'A' but working with 'B'.

Appreciate any advise on this.

Regards,
    H
    I'm not sure if you having an I-140 with 'A' would change the outcome. But I'm replying because I was in a similar situation as yours, and the "consular/travel letter" from your company 'B' should suffice.

Infact, the consular officer at the interview mentioned that he didn't need the clarification letter, but asked me to show the letter during re-entry at the port of arrival.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks so much for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X