Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple H1b transfers

Hi All

I am currently with employer A with I140 approved in March 2016. I got two job offers from employer B and employer C at the same time and I am unable to decide which one to choose. In the meantime both the companies B and C are ready to file my H1 transfer.

1. Is it OK if they both transfer by visa and I pick one offer of the two?

2. Will two simultaneous h1 transfers cause any issues in the future?

3. I read in few forums that last action rule applies to this scenario and I need to work for the employer with the last H1 approval. Is this true?

I know it is a little embarrassing situation if I say NO after the H1 transfer is initiated but I am not able to decide and at the same dont want to take any risk.

Please let me know.

Can someone please respond?

Comment

Originally posted by bachukiran2 View Post
      Hi All

I am currently with employer A with I140 approved in March 2016. I got two job offers from employer B and employer C at the same time and I am unable to decide which one to choose. In the meantime both the companies B and C are ready to file my H1 transfer.

1. Is it OK if they both transfer by visa and I pick one offer of the two?

2. Will two simultaneous h1 transfers cause any issues in the future?

3. I read in few forums that last action rule applies to this scenario and I need to work for the employer with the last H1 approval. Is this true?

I know it is a little embarrassing situation if I say NO after the H1 transfer is initiated but I am not able to decide and at the same dont want to take any risk.

Please let me know.
      1. Yes. A H1 candidate can have more than one approved H1-B Visa.
      2. It wont. i was in the same situation and had both companies file my H1 and choose one of them later
      3. its okay to say NO. if you are in a state where employement is at will (should say this is your offer letter). otherwise, company may ask you to pay for transfer expenses.

my advise, pick one and stick with it

Comment

Originally posted by stifler View Post
        1. Yes. A H1 candidate can have more than one approved H1-B Visa.
        2. It wont. i was in the same situation and had both companies file my H1 and choose one of them later
        3. its okay to say NO. if you are in a state where employement is at will (should say this is your offer letter). otherwise, company may ask you to pay for transfer expenses.

my advise, pick one and stick with it
        Thank You very much. I would like to stick with Company C but I am awaiting to receive a offer letter from them and dont want to reject offer B until C is official. Apart from H1 they will apply for H4 transfer/ext as well for my wife. Is that fine as well?

Thanks,
        Karthik

Comment

I read in few forums that i cant have two h1 transfer petitions approved at the same time and I get an RFE regarding this? Employer B already applied for my petition and employer C will be applying in a week. If both of them apply in premium will i get the approval from both and i can pick one?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X