Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Travelling to India through Frankfurt Airport(Germany) with an expired US VISA Stamp

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mnoushadali@gmail.com
    As of the new rules published on April-2019, people CAN NOT travel with Expired H1B even you have valid I-797

    Leave a comment:

  • PB10
    I was able to travel to India through Frankfurt, on an expired US H-1B VISA stamp, without any issue whatsoever.

    Please refer to the attached screenshot of Lufthansa website while performing online check-in >>> Pay close attention to the underlined parts.Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-10-PHOTO-00000043.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	590660

    Leave a comment:

  • Travelling to India through Frankfurt Airport(Germany) with an expired US VISA Stamp

    Indian Passport Holder
    Passport Expiry Date: July-2018
    H-1B VISA Stamp on Passport Expired in: Aug-2016
    I-797 approved till July-2019

    I am going for VISA Stamping in India, but read a lot or posts on Internet which say that I need to arrange an Airport Transit VISA for the LAYOVER at Frankfurt(Germany).

    I have tried calling the Lufthansa umpteen times and every time I was told to contact the German Consulate.

    Please refer to the following document on the Germany Consulate website:

    Although, India is listed as a country that requires an Airport Transit VISA, but it is worth reading Point #2 under exceptions.

    Exceptions: Nationals of the above named countries Do NOT require an airport transit visa if

    1. they hold a valid visa for the United States of America, or

    2. they hold a used valid or expired visa issued by the USA and return from the USA and travel to a non-Schengen Member State
    {This is exactly my situation, I have a used(because I travelled to US) expired VISA issued by USA and I am returning from USA to India(which is a non-Schengen state)}

    Is India considered as a non-Schengen State?

    Am I required to obtain an Airport Transit VISA?