H1b stamping for canadian husband and h4 stamping for bangladeshi wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b stamping for canadian husband and h4 stamping for bangladeshi wife

Please suggest me for the following situation.

I took the schedule for my H1B and my wife's H4 stamping in London consulate. The interview is scheduled next week. However, I just found that H1B stamping is NOT required for Canadian citizens, they are simply issued an I-94 from the POE.

In my H1B approval notice, it is mentioned that the country of birth is Bangladesh (I don't use Bangladeshi passport from 2014 since I became a Canadian citizen) and also mentions Consulate/POE is London. Does it mean I must be interviewed at London consulate even though I am a Canadian citizen ?

Note that, my wife is a Bangladeshi citizen, so she will need to go to the embassy for interview and get H4 stamped on her passport. So should I cancel my appointment (we scheduled together) and just keep her appointment ? If that is the case, then can she get an H4 visa using my H1B approval notice even before I get my I-94 at the POE (so that we can enter USA together)?

I am confused now, please suggest me the plan of action.

Originally posted by diner View Post
    Please suggest me for the following situation.

I took the schedule for my H1B and my wife's H4 stamping in London consulate. The interview is scheduled next week. However, I just found that H1B stamping is NOT required for Canadian citizens, they are simply issued an I-94 from the POE.

In my H1B approval notice, it is mentioned that the country of birth is Bangladesh (I don't use Bangladeshi passport from 2014 since I became a Canadian citizen) and also mentions Consulate/POE is London. Does it mean I must be interviewed at London consulate even though I am a Canadian citizen ?

Note that, my wife is a Bangladeshi citizen, so she will need to go to the embassy for interview and get H4 stamped on her passport. So should I cancel my appointment (we scheduled together) and just keep her appointment ? If that is the case, then can she get an H4 visa using my H1B approval notice even before I get my I-94 at the POE (so that we can enter USA together)?

I am confused now, please suggest me the plan of action.
    Hi !

I am in the same boat. Looks like your interview might already have happened. As a canadian citizen, did you need the H1B stamping before flying into US?? Please respond, I would greatly appreciate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X