Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 DS 160 how to fill the receipt number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 DS 160 how to fill the receipt number?

I have a H1 B visa from employer A and my dependent H4 from employer A. Now dependent is in India for vacation. Meanwhile I have changed my employer to employer B and H1 B transfer is done not the H4 transfer. Dependent has the visa extension till next year with the employer A.

Now I have go for stamping in India with both together. When I am filling the DS 160 for H1 B visa, i am putting the 'receipt number' (like EAC YYYY YYYY ) from the employer B, then for H4 visa what is the receipt number to put? Is it from the employer A or employer B?

Based on the answer from the above, how the validity is calculated for the H4 visa

Originally posted by umeshmunavalli View Post
    I have a H1 B visa from employer A and my dependent H4 from employer A. Now dependent is in India for vacation. Meanwhile I have changed my employer to employer B and H1 B transfer is done not the H4 transfer. Dependent has the visa extension till next year with the employer A.

Now I have go for stamping in India with both together. When I am filling the DS 160 for H1 B visa, i am putting the 'receipt number' (like EAC YYYY YYYY ) from the employer B, then for H4 visa what is the receipt number to put? Is it from the employer A or employer B?

Based on the answer from the above, how the validity is calculated for the H4 visa
    You have to put Employer B's receipt number for H4 visa too as that's the employer whom H1 (primary applicant) would be working for . H4 validity will be as per H1 validity which in turn would be as per B's petition end date/client letter.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X