Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding H1 and H4.

Hi

I am working in U.S. I would like to bring my family to US. My wife is working in India. She recently joined Infosys and she was having a valid visa stamped from her previous employer which is valid till 2019 Aug. She is not able to travel from infosys as there is no opening in her project.

Questions

1) Can I work with an consultancy in US for her visa transfer and bring her to US with job?

2) can I initiate dependent VISA(H4) for her and bring to US as my dependent and later can I do H1 transfer so that she will get some time to settle down with with 2 kids and start her job. (I brought them once for a vacation so there is already a H4 stamping valid till aug 2018. So she got 2 stamping H4 and H1. H1B is the latest stamping.)

Can you please advice the possibilities?

Originally posted by AppusAku View Post
    Hi

I am working in U.S. I would like to bring my family to US. My wife is working in India. She recently joined Infosys and she was having a valid visa stamped from her previous employer which is valid till 2019 Aug. She is not able to travel from infosys as there is no opening in her project.

Questions

1) Can I work with an consultancy in US for her visa transfer and bring her to US with job?

2) can I initiate dependent VISA(H4) for her and bring to US as my dependent and later can I do H1 transfer so that she will get some time to settle down with with 2 kids and start her job. (I brought them once for a vacation so there is already a H4 stamping valid till aug 2018. So she got 2 stamping H4 and H1. H1B is the latest stamping.)

Can you please advice the possibilities?
    Both options are fine. Higher chances of a prospective employer willing to file for her while she is already in US in H4 status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Both options are fine. Higher chances of a prospective employer willing to file for her while she is already in US in H4 status.

Thanks raghvi. Do I need to do H4 stamping again for my spouce since I changed company. My spouce's current H4 stamping is of my previous company's which is valid till Apr 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by AppusAku View Post
        Thanks raghvi. Do I need to do H4 stamping again for my spouce since I changed company. My spouce's current H4 stamping is of my previous company's which is valid till Apr 2018.
        Technically not required ,but upon return she may get I-94 only till April 2018 which will need you file a H4 extension while in US.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X