Ds 160: Date last visa was issued question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds 160: Date last visa was issued question

Hello, my wife came here initially on J1 visa (visa stamp on passport). We filed for her change of status from J1 to F1 last year (no F1 stamped on passport). We recently got married and going back to her home country to attend H4 visa interview. We are filling up DS 160 and one the question is about the last visa:

1. Have you ever been issued a US visa.

Answer: Yes

2. Date last Visa was issued?

What should we fill here? Should it be the date present on the J1 stamped on her passport or the date COS to F1 happened (even though there is no stamp for it)

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm in the same situation of change of status, from F1-H1B-F1.
    Did you put the previous stamp information or the approved change of status information in Visa Issued??
    How was your wife's interview process?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Originally posted by frozen_angel View Post
    Hello, my wife came here initially on J1 visa (visa stamp on passport). We filed for her change of status from J1 to F1 last year (no F1 stamped on passport). We recently got married and going back to her home country to attend H4 visa interview. We are filling up DS 160 and one the question is about the last visa:

1. Have you ever been issued a US visa.

Answer: Yes

2. Date last Visa was issued?

What should we fill here? Should it be the date present on the J1 stamped on her passport or the date COS to F1 happened (even though there is no stamp for it)

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by akash.patel4u View Post
      Hello,

I'm in the same situation of change of status, from F1-H1B-F1.
      Did you put the previous stamp information or the approved change of status information in Visa Issued??
      How was your wife's interview process?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
      You need to put the visa stamp date as mentioned on the visa as issue date or something similar. COS Approval letter is not considered as visa.
      The interview was for H4 and the only thing which was asked was receipt number of H1b.

Comment

Thanks for this information.

Originally posted by frozen_angel View Post
        You need to put the visa stamp date as mentioned on the visa as issue date or something similar. COS Approval letter is not considered as visa.
        The interview was for H4 and the only thing which was asked was receipt number of H1b.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X