Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved H1B Petition and L1 Extension from Same Employer

Hello,

Hope you are doing good. I have few queries on L1B and H1B visa at the same time.

I'm currently on L1B and it's valid till Dec 2017. My employer filed H1B in March 2017 and it got picked in lottery and petition got approved. Now I want to stay in L1 so that my spouse can continue working, so i have asked them to extend my L1B.

1. Can i extend my L1B when i have H1B approved petition? Will they ask why am i not going for H1B?
    2. Before completing 5 years in L1B, can i go for H1B stamping with the same approved petition?

Thanks,
    Saba

Updates?

Originally posted by Saba123 View Post
    Hello,

Hope you are doing good. I have few queries on L1B and H1B visa at the same time.

I'm currently on L1B and it's valid till Dec 2017. My employer filed H1B in March 2017 and it got picked in lottery and petition got approved. Now I want to stay in L1 so that my spouse can continue working, so i have asked them to extend my L1B.

1. Can i extend my L1B when i have H1B approved petition? Will they ask why am i not going for H1B?
    2. Before completing 5 years in L1B, can i go for H1B stamping with the same approved petition?

Thanks,
    Saba
    Hi Saba,

I have same use case. Can you pease tell what were your findings?

Comment

Hi Saba,

I have similar case and what to know what were your findings?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X