Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time H1b STAMPING in india-which location is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time H1b STAMPING in india-which location is better?

hi ,

I have got my H1 in oct 2005 and started working from january, so i have all the paychecks from january 2006 till date, I am planning to visit India soon. I am from Andhra Pradesh and i found the earliest appointment date available in chennai is on oct 29th and in kolkata it's on may end. I am planning to go in the end of june , so is it o.k if i opt for kolkata to get my stamping.

Also my husband will accompany me to india and he has changed a company but holds valid visa till november, i guess he doesn't require to get stamped eventhough he holds valid visa. If my expections are wron please let me know.

Regarding my stamping please advice is it o.k to go to kolkata or any other place other than chennai. And what are all required to get my visa stamped succesfully.

I missed my brother's marriage because of this visa stuff, hope to reach india soon and come back U.S successfully without facing any problem. So i seek advice from you. Please give me your valuable suggestions.

well, I heared some of my friends from AP who went to kolkotta consulate were asked to reschedulle their appointment in chennai as that's their base. So it would be bit risky for you if they say the same at the time of your visit in Kolkotta.

But I have some friends who went to canada for visa stamping and went to India for a vacation. You can try out that option, but that's 50% chance.

Comment

It is possible

In VFS Site itself when you are in apply page, you have to choose second option Citizen Of India resident in USA which is for ppl who are right now working in USa and coming to India for stamping,so in that case you wil lget 4 counslates lsited in a drop down and you could choose anyone...
      The limitation pertaining to statewise counslate is only for people who are living in India and doing work there and going for fresh stamping probably...

Comment

first time h1b-stamping -which location is better

I know that the drop-downlist shows all the 4 locations of india to get stamping. But i am very curious to know is it really not risky and ok for anyone going for stamping to someother state rather than chennai...(I'm from Andhra Pradesh).

Any genuine ideas will be appreciated.Please let me know any recent happenings of this kind of situation.

Thanks,
        Sirisha

Comment

Point to add, If you are now in US, you are elligible for the emergency appointment.

Comment

I agree with Vijay. If you are a returning worker you are eligible for emergency appointment and also eligible to apply anywhere in India. You can email the consulate to verify this (my info is based on what the consulate in Mumbai wrote to me).

Comment

Emergency appt is not for the first time H1 stamping

Hey,

Emergency appointment for people who are working here in U.S is possible only for renewal purposes not for the first time stamping.

Please check the link for further information.

Regards,
              dolm

Comment

mainly worried about location for h1b stamping

I have taken normal appointment at kolkata, not an emergency appointment ,is it o.k to get stamping there not in chennai. If it is only chennai please let me know. How do i know all this information ?
                This is my main concern.

thnx
                sirisha

Comment

Originally posted by dolm
                  Hey,

Emergency appointment for people who are working here in U.S is possible only for renewal purposes not for the first time stamping.

Please check the link for further information.

Regards,
                  dolm
                  That is correct actually. My earlier statement is wrong. I re-read the rules and the emergency appointment is only allowed if it is a repeat stamping. The logic behind it doesn't makes sense, but that's not for us to debate.

Comment

thanks 4 all ur responses-one more q please?

can anyone let me know what are all the documents to be taken for the visa interview and i have one more question regarding my husband:

My husband has H1 visa with company A till nov 06 but he changed to company B and has got this new visa till dec 07, so can he go to india and come back before nov 06 without stamping or is stamping required?

And if stamping is required, one more serious question to ask:
                    His paychecks are being generated with some money cut down from his pay checks and being added to my paycheck from 2 months, So his paycheck is being generated some what less as supposed to be. Will there be any problem with the paycheck with less salary as is supposed.

Please let me know if you happened to come across such situations or happened to hear from your frens or anyone.

Thanks in advance...............

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X