Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help! H4 visa in administrative processing

Hi,

Its been 10 days i attended the interview with my husband and son.All our 3 visas were approved and our passports were taken.Both my husband and son's passports are picked.Mine is still under administrative processing.I have emailed the support and got a general reply that it is with embassy/consulate and i will be contacted if further information needed.

Anyone has the same exp? can someone help me on any next step to get more information on my passport status.i did not get any emails or calls asking for more documents till now.
    I have my return flight in anothet week.

Biometrics : 13th dec
    Interview : 14th dec

Thanks,
    JP

I am in the same boat. I applied through bangalore dropbox on 12/18. My (h1) status and my child's (h4) status shows "issued". My spouse's (h4) status shows AP. This is as of today. I need to wait and see how this plays out. If you have any update, please post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by svsg View Post
      I am in the same boat. I applied through bangalore dropbox on 12/18. My (h1) status and my child's (h4) status shows "issued". My spouse's (h4) status shows AP. This is as of today. I need to wait and see how this plays out. If you have any update, please post it here.
      Me too! I applied for H4 in the Embassy in New Delhi on 12/20. VO said approved but online status shows AP as of 12/28. My spouse applied for H1B extension via dropbox on 12/18 and his visa was approved on 12/27. If you receive any update, would appreciate it if you could post here! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlight View Post
        Me too! I applied for H4 in the Embassy in New Delhi on 12/20. VO said approved but online status shows AP as of 12/28. My spouse applied for H1B extension via dropbox on 12/18 and his visa was approved on 12/27. If you receive any update, would appreciate it if you could post here! Thanks.
        No update so far

Comment

Visa just issued

No update so far
          My status just changed to visa issued this afternoon. Good luck to you too!!

Comment

Hi Greenlight,

Congratulations!

Did yo get any further questions from Embassy? My wife Case got updated yesterday but still in AP.

We are in same situation as you. I had H1 dropbox and my wife had F1 to H4 interview on Dec 21st 2017. Mine got issued on Dec 26th. Wife is still in AP?

Please advise if you had to something

Comment

F1->h4

Greenlight,

Congrats!

Question – did you have to submit your spouse H1 visa stamp to the embassy?

Did they update your case mutliple times at CEAC?

Please advise

Comment

Originally posted by NJ86 View Post
                Hi Greenlight,

Congratulations!

Did yo get any further questions from Embassy? My wife Case got updated yesterday but still in AP.

We are in same situation as you. I had H1 dropbox and my wife had F1 to H4 interview on Dec 21st 2017. Mine got issued on Dec 26th. Wife is still in AP?

Please advise if you had to something
                No, I wasn't asked any further questions. The VO had verbally said visa approved at my interview - no additional docs were asked for then either. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Greenlight,

Congrats!

Please advise
                No, my husband had applied for a new H1B visa stamp via dropbox and his visa was being processed in parallel. On the day of my interview, we did not have his new visa stamp in hand either. Case went into AP on Dec 28 (case creation date was Dec 20, the date of my interview), then updated on Dec 29 and Jan 2. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Greenlight,

Congrats!

Please advise
                No, my husband had applied for a new H1B visa stamp via dropbox and his visa was being processed in parallel. On the day of my interview, we did not have his new visa stamp in hand either. Case went into AP on Dec 28 (case creation date was Dec 20, the date of my interview), then updated on Dec 29 and Jan 2. Good luck!

Comment

H4 approved

Update - my wife’s H4 got approved on Jan 4th and we received her passport on Jan 6th, day of your flight

Good luck to all !

Comment

Did your spouse get her visa ? How long did it take for her ! I am in the same boat

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X