Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer from profit to non profit in 6th year

Hi,

My Current Status: H1B in 6th year(validity till jan 2018) with approved I140(less than 6 months) from Employer A(profit organization).

I have received an offer from employer B (non profit organization(Cap exempt).) They are going to file h1 transfer (Till here all good with offer!) but told me that at this time not offering GC to h1 candidates (Here is the Concern). Employer B did ask me about my I140 case# and I140 approval copy for h1 transfer. But I was able provide him only I140 Case#. Could not get I140 approval copy from Employer A.

1) In this case, my h1 will get extension of ? years from USCIS after employer B transfer approval. (Will it be only till Jan 2018 or more? Please tell me about this).

2) Assuming I join with Employer B with extension of 3 years approval, Should I leave the country after 3 years as employer b is not offering GC? Please tell me how can i secure my GC process.

3) As per my current status, Are there any disadvantages of moving to non profit org?

4) Can i move from non profit to profit org after few months/years(within extn period) to secure my GC?

5) Can employer B file n number of extensions without GC process and with Employer A I140 case#(Employer A will not revoke my I140 but he revokes h1 after quit)?

Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X