Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 Minor mistake on Passport Details - Interview Already scheduled

Hi ,

I am travelling to India tomorrow and i have my H1b Extension stamping interview scheduled at Chennai Consulate on Jan 3rd and 4th. But today i have found out that i have a made a minor mistake in my DS 160 while filling the passport information.

I got my passport renewed in the USA itself. So i have answered the following questions in the DS 160 as following

1)Country/Authority that issued Passport/Travel Document : I should have answered India, but unfortunately i have answered it as USA on a confusion
    2) City Where issued - This is correctly Entered as San Francisco as how its written in my passport itself.
    3) Country/Region where issued - I have answered this one as USA again(Not sure if this should have been India or USA is the correct one)

Now since i have my Interview already scheduled what should i do? Should i be open to the Consulate and tell them about this when i go for the finger printing itself or is it a good idea to tell the consulate officer that i have made such a mistake in the interview itself. I am not sure what should i do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As i am travelling tomorrow i need to get some answer asap. So any suitable guidance would be highly appreciated!

Thanks
    Vinod

Originally posted by vinodbvarma View Post
    Hi ,

I am travelling to India tomorrow and i have my H1b Extension stamping interview scheduled at Chennai Consulate on Jan 3rd and 4th. But today i have found out that i have a made a minor mistake in my DS 160 while filling the passport information.

I got my passport renewed in the USA itself. So i have answered the following questions in the DS 160 as following

1)Country/Authority that issued Passport/Travel Document : I should have answered India, but unfortunately i have answered it as USA on a confusion
    2) City Where issued - This is correctly Entered as San Francisco as how its written in my passport itself.
    3) Country/Region where issued - I have answered this one as USA again(Not sure if this should have been India or USA is the correct one)

Now since i have my Interview already scheduled what should i do? Should i be open to the Consulate and tell them about this when i go for the finger printing itself or is it a good idea to tell the consulate officer that i have made such a mistake in the interview itself. I am not sure what should i do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As i am travelling tomorrow i need to get some answer asap. So any suitable guidance would be highly appreciated!

Thanks
    Vinod

Hi Vinod,

Could you please let us know the outcome of your interview? I'm in the same boat and have my interview tomorrow. I would really appreciate any small input.

Thanks,
    Vardhan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X