Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 visa approved according to VO but passport in administrative processing. No221g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa approved according to VO but passport in administrative processing. No221g

Hello,

I had my H1 stamping visa interview on 26th Dec 2017 in New Delhi India. The VO asked few questions and informed me that my case is approved. She did not give me any 221G and retained my passport. It’s been two weeks now and I still haven’t received my passport.

On checking online, it just shows administrative processing. There is no other info available. I was planning to fly back tomorrow. But will have to postpone now.

Any ideas
    1) How long will this take?
    2) What is going on?
    3) Is there a way to contact the US Embassy? Every time it’s generic IVR message that my passport is with the post. Can I talk to any person instead of machine? ANyway to reach them?
    4) Anyone else stuck in similar boat?

Any other experience, some can share?

Thanks,
    Prasad

Hey Prasad!

I’m in the exact same situation. F1 renewal interview on the 26th of December in New Delhi. I’m a 4th year phd student in the States with a Masters degree from the States too. Visa approved , no 221G and i still haven’t received it plus it says AP on CEAC. I emailed them and they sent me the same generic information that’s provided in their AP message. I have no clue what’s going on because they didn’t even ask for any documents over email after the interview. Even had to postpone my tickets which were for the 10th.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Vaidyaprasad84 View Post
    Hello,

I had my H1 stamping visa interview on 26th Dec 2017 in New Delhi India. The VO asked few questions and informed me that my case is approved. She did not give me any 221G and retained my passport. It’s been two weeks now and I still haven’t received my passport.

On checking online, it just shows administrative processing. There is no other info available. I was planning to fly back tomorrow. But will have to postpone now.

Any ideas
    1) How long will this take?
    2) What is going on?
    3) Is there a way to contact the US Embassy? Every time it’s generic IVR message that my passport is with the post. Can I talk to any person instead of machine? ANyway to reach them?
    4) Anyone else stuck in similar boat?

Any other experience, some can share?

Thanks,
    Prasad
    Also - let me know how it turns out for you!

Comment

Same Problem

I attended interview on 22nd Dec 2017 in New Delhi and Visa was approved. The case is stuck in Administrative Processing since Dec 22nd with no further updates.

I believe it normally takes about 10 business days and today is the 10th one. I hope to hear something back soon but you cannot say anything with absolute certainty about how long the process takes.

Comment

Case Date updated but still same status.

My case online shows last updated on 08 Jan 2018. But the status is still the same “Admin Processing”.

Originally posted by PhDHelp View Post
        Hey Prasad!

I’m in the exact same situation. F1 renewal interview on the 26th of December in New Delhi. I’m a 4th year phd student in the States with a Masters degree from the States too. Visa approved , no 221G and i still haven’t received it plus it says AP on CEAC. I emailed them and they sent me the same generic information that’s provided in their AP message. I have no clue what’s going on because they didn’t even ask for any documents over email after the interview. Even had to postpone my tickets which were for the 10th.

- - - Updated - - -

Also - let me know how it turns out for you!

Comment

Originally posted by parm79 View Post
          I attended interview on 22nd Dec 2017 in New Delhi and Visa was approved. The case is stuck in Administrative Processing since Dec 22nd with no further updates.

I believe it normally takes about 10 business days and today is the 10th one. I hope to hear something back soon but you cannot say anything with absolute certainty about how long the process takes.
          What was the last date your case was updated on CEAC?

Comment

Last updated date

What was the last date your case was updated on CEAC?
            It’s still the date of my interview i.e. 22nd Dec. It hasn’t changed since then.

Comment

Finally status updated to ‘Issued’! Definitely relieved !

Comment

Nice. Indeed it is. Enjoy!!!

Comment

My status changed to issued too today as well.

Relieved too.

Comment

Any update on your case?

It’s still the date of my interview i.e. 22nd Dec. It hasn’t changed since then.
                    Did you try emailing at new Delhi consulate???

Comment

Originally posted by swasti View Post
                      Did you try emailing at new Delhi consulate???
                      Actually, unlike other consulates, New Delhi US Consulate doesn't have an email address to send your queries. May be there is a valid reason for it.

I did send an email to support-india but that doesn't help much unless they have an updated information from Consulate. So basically all you can do is wait if your case goes into Admin Processing and Location is New Delhi.

Comment

New delhi US embassy email id

Actually, unlike other consulates, New Delhi US Consulate doesn't have an email address to send your queries. May be there is a valid reason for it..
                        '[email protected]' This is the email id for New Delhi US consulate. They replied me saying they pushed my case into 221(g).

U can try mailing them. Do let me know of the outcome.

Comment

'[email protected]' This is the email id for New Delhi US consulate. They replied me saying they pushed my case into 221(g).

U can try mailing them. Do let me know of the outcome.

Hey Swasti! Thanks for sharing the email address. I truly appreciate your help.

I shall let you know the outcome as soon as I get a response.

Got a quick response from New Delhi US Consulate.

- Application is under 221g now.
                          - I will be contacted if any additional documents are required, and
                          - Status will be updated as soon as the case is processed to conclusion.
                          Last edited by parm79; 01-11-2018, 03:48 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

Wait wait wait

Got a quick response from New Delhi US Consulate.

- Application is under 221g now.
                            - I will be contacted if any additional documents are required, and
                            - Status will be updated as soon as the case is processed to conclusion.
                            I think if our case is under administrative processing and we ask them for status, then it comes under 221(g).

I hope for them to reach the conclusion by next week...

Do keep me posted on ur case...

Comment

I think if our case is under administrative processing and we ask them for status, then it comes under 221(g).

I hope for them to reach the conclusion by next week...

Do keep me posted on ur case...
                              Sure.
                              Last edited by samlynn; 01-11-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X