Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 visa approved according to VO but passport in administrative processing. No221g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Same boat

I had my H1b stamping interview on 3rd Jan. It shows as admin processing on the CEAC website. Have my flights booked for 15, which I will have to postpone.

I see its the same for everyone here. Usual processing time is now ~2 weeks.

Comment

Now under 221g

Originally posted by parm79 View Post
      Sure.
      I emailed ND Consulate on the email that Swasti and received the following response.

Your application is refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing. After administrative processing is complete, the application will be reconsidered. U.S. immigration law requires that additional steps be completed in some cases before a file can be advanced for adjudicative review.

Interview date: 19 Dec
      Last updated: 19 Dec

Approved at the window but now admin processing
      F1 to H1

Comment

Sevis

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
        I emailed ND Consulate

F1 to H1
        I am also transitioning from F1 to H1b, and During my interview VO told me she needs to check something related to SEVIS and that it Will take 1 extra Day.
        Its been 10 days.

Comment

Issued

Originally posted by swasti View Post
          I think if our case is under administrative processing and we ask them for status, then it comes under 221(g).

I hope for them to reach the conclusion by next week...

Do keep me posted on ur case...
          Finally. The case is updated to Visa is “Issued”.

I think you should hear back soon as well.

Comment

Congrats

Finally. The case is updated to Visa is “Issued”.

I think you should hear back soon as well.
            Awesome congratulations.

Just a quick question though, was urs transition from f1 to h1b or fresh h1b???
            Last edited by swasti; 01-12-2018, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Awesome congratulations.

Just a quick question though, was urs transition from f1 to h1b or fresh h1b???
              I am on H1B for past 10 years. Visiting India after 9 years.

Comment

Same case

I had my visa interview on 12/22/2017.
                Delhi consulate (F1->H1b)

Status updates:
                12/26: Administrative Processing
                1/3: Administrative Processing
                1/12: Administrative Processing

I have cancelled return flight once.

Comment

Originally posted by waitingforpp View Post
                  I had my visa interview on 12/22/2017.
                  Delhi consulate (F1->H1b)

Status updates:
                  12/26: Administrative Processing
                  1/3: Administrative Processing
                  1/12: Administrative Processing

I have cancelled return flight once.
                  What time was your interview on 22nd in Delhi? May be we did meet that day. I remember I met a few on 22nd. One girl was from Pittsburgh and a guy from Ohio and another guy who completed his PhD and was on OPT.

Comment

What time was your interview on 22nd in Delhi? May be we did meet that day. I remember I met a few on 22nd. One girl was from Pittsburgh and a guy from Ohio and another guy who completed his PhD and was on OPT.
                    My interview was at 11:30am. Yours? I’m from SF bay area. My status date has changed three times but same status. Do you think it means something ?

Comment

I am on H1B for past 10 years. Visiting India after 9 years.
                      Here is the timeline:
                      VFS: Dec 21, 2017
                      Interview: Dec 22, 2017
                      Sent an email to Consulate: 11 Jan 2018. I got a response back that the application is in 221g - Adminstrative Processing and Status will be updated once it is concluded.
                      Status Update: Issued. Jan 12, 2018.
                      Passport Collected: Jan 14, 2018

I hope a few days of patience helps.

Comment

given dropbox option then issued 221g to appear at embassy (new Delhi)

My timeline:

28-dec-2017 (thu): dropbox @ chandigarh
                        8-jan-2018 (mon): got email saying collect passport from chandigarh
                        11-jan-2018 (thu): collected passport, found 221g & asking to come to Delhi for 10-finger-printing before 10 AM, no appt needed
                        12-jan-2018 (fri): went to delhi for finger-printing. Everyone in the line was issued 221g to appear either for finger-printing and/or interview. There were a few ppl who had gone for bio-metrics a week back and then were again called for finger-printing. Somebody didn't do their job properly!!

Visa status (AP):
                        Case created : 02-Jan-2018
                        Case Last Updated: 12-Jan-2018

Passport status:
                        After 11th, status changed to 'Your passport has been picked up' &
                        after 12th (after submitting my passport again to Delhi embassy), status is still 'Your passport has been picked up'. Have sent an email to '[email protected]' asking for correct status.

Have rescheduled flight once.

Comment

Updates?

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                          I emailed ND Consulate on the email that Swasti and received the following response.

Your application is refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing. After administrative processing is complete, the application will be reconsidered. U.S. immigration law requires that additional steps be completed in some cases before a file can be advanced for adjudicative review.

F1 to H1
                          Any updates on your case ? Mine is still AP.
                          I also emailed delhi consulate. Waiting for their reply.

Comment

'[email protected]' This is the email id for New Delhi US consulate. They replied me saying they pushed my case into 221(g).

U can try mailing them. Do let me know of the outcome.
                            Hi Swasti and Parm,

I got this relply from New Delhi Consulate:
                            “Your application is refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing. After administrative processing is complete, the application will be reconsidered. U.S. immigration law requires that additional steps be completed in some cases before a file can be advanced for adjudicative review. ”

Did you also get the same response or it was different ?

Comment

Same reply

Originally posted by waitingforpp View Post
                              Hi Swasti and Parm,

I got this relply from New Delhi Consulate:
                              “Your application is refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing. After administrative processing is complete, the application will be reconsidered. U.S. immigration law requires that additional steps be completed in some cases before a file can be advanced for adjudicative review. ”

Did you also get the same response or it was different ?
                              Yeah... I got the same reply when I emailed them. And from now on all they will ask you is to wait.

Comment

Yeah... I got the same reply when I emailed them. And from now on all they will ask you is to wait.
                                This is the exact same reply I got today i.e. 16 Jan from New Delhi Consulate. Interview date is 3rd Jan. F1 to H1B transition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X