X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa - I-94 Expired

Hi Team,

Please help me with my issue.

I'm with H1B came US Feb 2016 with Valid date up to Sep 2017. While getting my H1B stamping i applied for all my dependents and all got the same date(Sep 2016).
    In 2017 May i started filing extension and got extended for 1 year (Up to May 2018). Got my I-797 with updated I-94 in that. But my bad that either my employer / myself forgot to apply for my spouse and kids. They overstayed with me for more than 120 days now. When realized i'm sending them back for re stamping.

1. What are the documents required now that they need to take them with ? apart from my I-797 and copies of passport.

2. I asked apologies and have explained in detail the reason for overstay in DS-160 while filling. When they start paying fees and book appointment , they were shown Dropbox eligible, in-spite of this Overstay. Is that the standard process or weather there's option to bye pass and book appointment just in case if any questions arise they can explain.

3. Will there be any problem , with their stamping because of their overstay ? Will they be rejected stamping ?

4. My Passport stamping is also expired. This should not be a problem right.

Please help me with these questions.

Thanks
    Raj

Same issue

Hi,
    Can you please provide an update, i am also having the same issue. My family has returned to India. Need to schedule an appointment for stamping.

Comment

Similar Issue

I am on H1b and valid until Dec 2018. My spouse I-94 was expired in Jul 2017 but I was not aware. Now I am moving to another company and next company found that my spouse H4 petition was not extended by my company. In this scenario what will happen?

1. Is there any chance to get the approval H4 extension?

2. Is there any ban for spouse to enter into US if she go back our home country?

3. Is there any chance to get waiver from USCIS in this case if we file H4 extension and status resume?

4. how long she can stay with me in US

Thanks
      AS

Comment

H4 Visa - I94 Expired

Hello ,

What happened to your case folks ?
        Was your Visa Stamping Approved for H4 ? Please let me know

Thanks

Comment

Hello AS,

i am in same situation now. Please share your experience.

Originally posted by AS10 View Post
          Similar Issue

I am on H1b and valid until Dec 2018. My spouse I-94 was expired in Jul 2017 but I was not aware. Now I am moving to another company and next company found that my spouse H4 petition was not extended by my company. In this scenario what will happen?

1. Is there any chance to get the approval H4 extension?

2. Is there any ban for spouse to enter into US if she go back our home country?

3. Is there any chance to get waiver from USCIS in this case if we file H4 extension and status resume?

4. how long she can stay with me in US

Thanks
          AS

Comment

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as mentioned in your post regard H4 extension ?

my wife is in india now. my wife overstayed for 10 months.

Planning to apply for her Visa Stamping. but, when you go to Visa Stamping ?

we were not aware until last minute about H4 extension. Employer also missed it..

Should we explain this in DS160 or mention "NO" for question in DS160 ?

Please help, if you have experienced same.

with regards,
            NK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X