Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B extension pending for over 8 months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension pending for over 8 months.

Hi,

I work as an IT consultant in the US. I have been on H1B visa since Oct 2014. My visa expired in Oct 2017.
    My employer filed for extension in May 2017 (5 months prior to the expiry).
    In July, we received an RFE from USCIS which was Level 1 wage and client related.
    My employer answered the query in Oct 2017 and since then the USCIS status is "Request for Evidence was received".

How long can I work for in the USA while waiting for the visa renewal? At this point, if I apply for Premium Processing would it have any adverse effect on my application? Is the premium processing worth the money this late in the visa process?

Also, I am hoping to go to India in summer if the visa approval is done. How is the current visa stamping scenario in India for consultants?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!

RFE H1B extension pending since NOV 20TH 2017

Hi,

I am also in the same situation I submitted my extension in May 2017 and then had a simple RFE on Sep 29th 2017 and had to submit client proofs (Client does not provide letter to contractors) like badge, org chart, desk photo etc. I submitted it by Nov 20th because it took time to gather proofs and I have been waiting since. I planned on going to India in Jan 2018 for stamping hoping the docs will be back in 6 weeks but I'm not sure how long it will take.

Is it wise to apply for PP now since I am already waiting from Nov 20th 2017.

How long can I work for in the USA while waiting for the visa renewal? At this point, if I apply for Premium Processing would it have any adverse effect on my application? Is the premium processing worth the money this late in the visa process?

How is the current visa stamping scenario in India for consultants? Please advice when can I expect my extension form what is the average time to receive post RFE.

Thank you
    Person

Hi,

I work as an IT consultant in the US. I have been on H1B visa since Oct 2014. My visa expired in Oct 2017.
    My employer filed for extension in May 2017 (5 months prior to the expiry).
    In July, we received an RFE from USCIS which was Level 1 wage and client related.
    My employer answered the query in Oct 2017 and since then the USCIS status is "Request for Evidence was received".

Also, I am hoping to go to India in summer if the visa approval is done. How is the current visa stamping scenario in India for consultants?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks![/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X