Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 EAD renewal pending.. Can we continue working based on receipt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 EAD renewal pending.. Can we continue working based on receipt.

My h4ead expired on dec 31st. I have filed my renewal on 28Dec after getting my h4 extn approved. I researched a bit to find if i'm eligible to continue working based on receipt. According to employers hand book sec 4.2 below criteria enables for employment eligibilty.

The employee must have timely filed an application to renew their EAD before it expires (except certain employees granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS)), and the application remains pending;
    The eligibility category on the face of the EAD is the same eligibility category code on the Form I-797C Notice of Action, the employee received from USCIS indicating USCIS’s receipt of their renewal application (except employees with TPS who may have a C19/A12 combination); and
    The eligibility category is listed on uscis.gov as eligible for EAD automatic extensions. As of the date of publication of this M-274, Handbook for Employers, eligibility categories codes for a 180-day automatic extension are A03, A05, A07, A08, A10, C08, C09, C10, C16, C20, C22, C24, C31 and A12 or C19.

Since i have filed it on on before expiration and in same category does it make me eligible for employment?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X