H1B Visa renewal at Vancouver, BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa renewal at Vancouver, BC

I did my PhD in computer Networks and work for a networking company. I joined as a software engineer and
    moved into product management and work as a product management engineer in Jan 2017 after my I-140 has
    been approved. The legal firm said it shouldn't create any problem.

I had my appt at Vancouver, BC on Jan 8, 2018 at 9:15 am for 3 year H1B extension. I was given a yellow
    slip that said my visa was rejected due to 221(g). The VO told me that my application is placed under
    administrative processing and will take from a week to a month to complete the process. She didn't check
    any documents that need to be submitted on the form. I am not sure if the state dept is already implementing
    the current administration proposal of not extending H1B renewal after 6 years.

I was given a choice of getting my passport back while they process my visa application. I left my passport with
    them hoping it will save some time when they approve.

So, I am not sure what would happen next. Anyone in the same boat?
    Last edited by annakiran; 01-08-2018, 11:20 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

What is your current status?

Originally posted by annakiran View Post
    I did my PhD in computer Networks and work for a networking company. I joined as a software engineer and
    moved into product management and work as a product management engineer in Jan 2017 after my I-140 has
    been approved. The legal firm said it shouldn't create any problem.

I had my appt at Vancouver, BC on Jan 8, 2018 at 9:15 am for 3 year H1B extension. I was given a yellow
    slip that said my visa was rejected due to 221(g). The VO told me that my application is placed under
    administrative processing and will take from a week to a month to complete the process. She didn't check
    any documents that need to be submitted on the form. I am not sure if the state dept is already implementing
    the current administration proposal of not extending H1B renewal after 6 years.

I was given a choice of getting my passport back while they process my visa application. I left my passport with
    them hoping it will save some time when they approve.

So, I am not sure what would happen next. Anyone in the same boat?
    How did this go ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X