• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moral & Legal dilemma

Hi friends,

Current Employer - Employer A

Employer who gave me an offer - Employer B

I was given a termination notice by Employer A 3 months back and then i immediately started looking for a new employer. This was the first time in my career that i was laid off. But within the notice period a different project took me in for short term assignments and they kept on extending the short term contract by 40 days everytime. Now after 3 months they are willing to offer me permanent full -time position. I have worked with this Employer for 8 years now.

When i was given termination notice I got offer for one of the top 10 IT companies within 10 days, say Employer B, in US but the offer i got is just same as my current employer , Employer A. Because i was under stress so much at that i didnt know what to do and i had accepted the offer. Just recently the H1B transfer was completed in premium processing on my request. I am not at all happy with the offer that i got and feel like stupid if i join the new employer.

Now i am in a moral , legal & professional dilemma about whether i should join the new employer or not.

From Professional growth point of view Employer A is better and also in some other regards. I checked with Employer B and he is unwilling to increase the offer. I have zero problems with Employer A and company outlook looks good and have visibility of my work for next 2 years.

My questions:

1. If i don't join the new employer what happens . Can they blacklist me for further employment , i wanted to work with this employer at some stage in life, but not at a low pay. Can they take any legal action against me?

2. I feel guilty about making Employer B do all the H1B transfer and now saying no. Can you please suggest what i should do?

Regds,

Kunwar.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X