Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incorrect Dates on H4+EAD from what's requested, overlapping H1B. How will it impact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Dates on H4+EAD from what's requested, overlapping H1B. How will it impact?

Hello friends,

My employer filed for my H1 extension. Along with it, they filed for my wife's H4 and EAD starting July 1st because she is on H1B till June 30th. The approval notices came today. It had H4 validity from April 13, 2018 to March, 2021. and H4 EAD validity from Jan 18, 2018 to March, 2021 (EAD start date is before H4 start date). How will this impact her H1B? Even though the printed EAD validity date was from last week, I am assuming that it will only be actually valid from April 13th because that is when the H4 status will override her H1 status - am I right?

I am mainly worried about the DHS rules that are going to publish regarding rescinding H4 EAD next month. The way I am planning is that we won't tell her employer about this for now - it is as if like she is working on the I94 on their file. If there is anything published in Feb about already issued EADs being rescinded, we will file a "correction" with USCIS asking for a new H4 and EAD starting July 1st. If the published rules sound ok w.r.t. already issued EADs, we will disclose about the change from H1 to H4 EAD to the employer in the beginning of April.

Is there anything wrong with the above plan, or will the above plan cause any problem w.r.t. bad immigration status etc?

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X