Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with DS 160

Hi,

I am facing difficulty in filling out some sections in DS 160. Any help will be much appreciated.

My brief background- I have an approved H1B petition for a full time role at a US based company. My previous H1B was with a different employer and was change of status from L1B to H1B in Nov. 2016. Therefore, I did not go for stamping in my home country and do not have the visa number, just the petition number. In December last year, my previous employer's petition for my H1B extension was denied and I went out of status before exiting the country as my I94 had also expired.

Based on this, could you suggest the right response to the following?

Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?

The first part of the question clearly demands a No, but I am confused by the second part about place of principle of residence. I am currently in India and it is my place of principal residence. Am I missing something here?

Primary occupation

I am awaiting the visa approval and not working at the moment, could this have any impact on the decision?

Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?

I have explained the series of events in DS 160 and assured that it was not my intent to overstay.

And lastly, What should be the line of response if Visa Officer asks questions related to the previous employment due to its denial?

Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X