I-94 not updated at Sea entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 not updated at Sea entry

I am not a US Citizen. I am currently on F1 visa. I recently went on a 'Closed loop' cruise from Port Canaveral, FL to Nassau, Bahamas. At port of entry, while re-entry, they didn?t stamp my passport, they only checked my I-20 and passport and allowed me to enter.
    But I recently checked my Travel history, it has a departure entry for cruise travel but not the corresponding arrival entry. And my I-94 is not affected, it has my old date of entry.

For the closed loop cruise, should my I-94 get updated? And also should my passport have re-entry stamp?

My company is applying H1B for me. What last date of entry should I provide them?

Hi Nikhil, i'm in the same situation now. I went to Mexico with my wife last year, and I just realized a couple of days back that our i-94 travel history has the departure recorded; but no record of re-entry. Out of curiosity, did you figure out if this is normal?

Thanks,
    Nikhil.

Originally posted by Nikhil Tiware View Post
    I am not a US Citizen. I am currently on F1 visa. I recently went on a 'Closed loop' cruise from Port Canaveral, FL to Nassau, Bahamas. At port of entry, while re-entry, they didn?t stamp my passport, they only checked my I-20 and passport and allowed me to enter.
    But I recently checked my Travel history, it has a departure entry for cruise travel but not the corresponding arrival entry. And my I-94 is not affected, it has my old date of entry.

For the closed loop cruise, should my I-94 get updated? And also should my passport have re-entry stamp?

My company is applying H1B for me. What last date of entry should I provide them?

Comment

This is what I found on the CBP website.

This travel history may not reflect: land border arrivals/departures, closed loop cruise arrivals/departures, air carrier reservation updates, and USCIS updates, changes of status, extensions of stay or adjustments of status. U.S. Citizen and Lawful Permanent Resident travel is NOT provided on this website.

If this travel history is not complete, there is no action to take.

CBP documents travel from a variety of sources.
      This travel history is only a tool to assist the public and is not an official record for legal purposes.

Hope this helps. I am in the same boat as you.

Comment

Hello. I am in a similar situation. Went on a cruise ship, came back, now applying for H1 extension, however, I94 travel history is not showing entry date. The attorney is suggesting it will not be an issue, but would appreciate if anyone of you can share your experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X