Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping VOs Non Immigrant question

Hi

I am a green card holder and I have got H1b approval notice for my wife who is in INDIA. Planning to take appointment at Chennai consulate, during the interview if VO asks since your husband is an Immigrant and you are applying for non immigrant visa which contradicts your H1b application (Dual Intent). What should she have to answer.

Can she say something like I got the offer from company A before our marriage so by that time I accepted the offer I was single. Its fortunate/unfortunate I ended with a husband who is already a permanent resident. But it was not intentional. can this satisfy VO ?

can anyone give a better answer.

I talked to the attorney, he says you dont have to worry this is not applicable for H1b, applies only to B1/B2 and F1 VISA.

I appreciate your response.

thanks
    ckr

Your wife does not require to have an non-immigrant intent while applying for the H1B visa, so you really don't have to worry about this question. The visa officer will also have an idea on the delay in getting the immigrant visa for the spouse of the green card holder. Getting her H1B visa will however depend on the merits of her H1B.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X