Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 to L2 after employment termination - Best approach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to L2 after employment termination - Best approach?

Here is my scenario:

My Husband is on L1A which is due for extension in 1st Mar 2019. I am on H1b.My husband?s GC (in EB1C, I-140 pending) is in process and I have advance parole/EAD card from the same.
    My employment will be terminated effective mid mar 2018. As far as I know I will have 2 months to find and employment who is ready to transfer the H1B. Else, I have to apply H1B to L2 COS before 60 days from 14th Mar.
    In case I have to give up H1B and have to become an L2, what will be best option to do so:
    ---Apply COS to L2 any time after mid Mar but before 60 days grace period - What is the expected timeline for approval? Can I travel to India when COS is pending?
    ---Go back to India after 14th Mar and apply for L2 stamping directly at consulate- Will try to get an employment on H1B for at least 1.5 months after termination and travel to India just before 60 days for L2 Stamping directly.

I will prefer the 2nd option as that way I could visit India and yet get my L2 without waiting for COS to happen from USA.

Please advise.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X